WHAT HAPPENS WHEN I BOOK MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?
You will be asked:
- What difficulties you might be experiencing (e.g. an injury, when it occurred, muscle tension, etc.)
- Whether you have a space available where a portable treatment couch can be set up
- To wear shorts and a close fitting t-shirt (and if a female, wear a back-closing bra). This will allow me to do your postural assessment more easily. During treatment, you may be required to remove outer clothing, but you will always be covered with towels for comfort. Only areas being worked upon will be exposed for massage.
- Whether you would like someone to accompany you (please note that if the client is under the age of 18, a parent or adult guardian must be present during the appointment)
WHAT WILL HAPPEN AT MY INITIAL ASSESSMENT?
- When I arrive, I will need to set up my treatment couch before we start.
- You will be asked to complete a medical questionnaire and you will have a full postural assessment.
- We will discuss what physical issues you are having and any you have had in the past.
- I will create a treatment plan to help you get back on track. This may include some exercises for you to do on your own.
- This should take one hour.
- Please note that there may not be time to perform much massage during this initial assessment, so you may wish to book a longer appointment.
- You are always allowed to have someone present during your treatment should you wish (friend, partner, etc.). Anyone under the age of 18 must have a parent or adult guardian present during treatment.
HOW MANY TREATMENTS MIGHT I NEED?
This will all depend upon:
- The extent of your injury or issue.
- Your overall physical health.
- You and how long you wish to continue treatment.
WHAT MIGHT I EXPERIENCE AFTER MY TREATMENT?
- You might experience some dehydration or headaches due to the massage, so remember to drink plenty of water to keep your tissues hydrated.
- You may also feel a bit achy afterwards due to some of the techniques used, but you should never be in pain.
- You may even sleep better (or worse) than usual for the first night after treatment.
- Should you experience anything you are unsure about, please contact me immediately.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I AM UNWELL BEFORE MY APPOINTMENT?
Please ring me on 07535 517604 as soon as possible to let me know so that we can reschedule. It is never a good idea to have a massage while you are under the weather as it can spread infection and sometimes make you feel even worse.
ARE THERE REALLY NO HAPPY ENDINGS?
The only happy ending that you will receive is a relief from pain and hopefully an increase in your range of motion. Other than that, I'm afraid the answer is 'No'.
IF YOU HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK.